Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Be Thankful
Today I went visiting teaching for the first time. After going to one of the ladies homes, I began to see that I am truly blessed and my life is not that hard. This lady's husband has a brain tumor and doesn't have much time left before he dies. She also has six kids. With her husbands medical costs they are unable to pay for some of their bills. About two weeks ago they had their gas turned off because they couldn't pay the bill. So they didn't have any heat, and it's getting so cold at night. Her kids all sleep in the living room, with a little electric heater to keep them warm. Today she told us how she didn't have a way to cook turkey because she has a gas stove, gas water heater, and gas heater. I felt bad for her, my partner offered her a roaster to cook it in and she was happy for that. Except for the fact that she can't have both the roaster and heater on at the same time or else her fuse box will go off. After hearing her story it makes me happy and thankful for the things I have in life, my husband who is the one for me in so many ways, my home that keeps me warm, that I can take a shower and not have it be ice cold. I'm thankful in so many ways for the things I have, I hope we can all be thankful for the things we have and remember there are people out there who are worse off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow!! How sad. Does the Bishop know that she doesn't have heat and gas? It sounds like she really needs some help. Yes, I am thankful for so many things, too. thanks for the reminder of how blessed we are. Have a nice Thanksgiving. Julie
Post a Comment