Monday, November 2, 2009

The Birthday Cake

First off the only cake that I am really good at making is cheese cake. I have only make one other cake since being married and that was Adam's birthday cake that I made back in January...and my was the one who helped me make it. Anyway on with the story of the birthday cake...

.... So I was not going to put the cake I made for my niece Brielle's birthday. Only because it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. I had this great idea of what I wanted it to look like, which we all know when we do that, something always has to go wrong. Which it DID! Sunday I was frosting it and it just kept falling apart, and there ended up having cake bites in the frosting. Then I ran out of frosting, so I had to hurry and make some more, luckily I had an extra thing of cream cheese in the fridge. Then the frosting just was not doing what I wanted and I got to the point that I just gave up and left the room, and my wonderful husband finished frosting the cake for me. Which I am so happy for, because if he didn't I would have thrown the whole thing out and just went to store and got one. When I came back to finish the cake the tail part of the ghost was now starting to fall off. I couldn't take it any more. I wanted the cake to look so good, just because I was making it for someone I love.
Well I finished it, and I still was not happy at all how it turned out. I thought everyone would hate it, but I got just he opposite reaction from everyone. THEY LOVED IT! Brielle even told me she wanted to eat the head...and she did.
Adam come up with the boo-day part. As you can see the left arm is now falling off, but everyone loved it. It was a three layer cake...bottom:chocolate, middle: orange( I used food coloring), and the told layer was green(also done by food coloring and it was the layer that started all the problems.)

3 comments:

Josh and Kylee said...

That is such a cute cake! It turned out adorable! I so wish I could be creative like that. It's so cute!

Jessica said...

Cute!! It looks perfect! Anyone would have loved that cake. :)Those pictures of you and Adam are super cute too. You look really good in yellow by the way. xoxoxo
Jessica

The Epps Fam said...

I thought the birthday cake looked and of course TASTED awesome! You do an amazing job with any project!