Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Busy week for us

This past week has been crazy busy. First, We no longer own a house! :( last week we had to pack up our house and move out by Wednesday. The only thing was we didn't know we had to be out on Wednesday til Tuesday afternoon. They told us we would either need to be out Wednesday or Friday just depending on when we signed papers and he wouldn't know which date until Tuesday at 12:00. Well Lucky for me I got Wednesday off and was able to help pack everything up, we had to be out by two which was fine because Adam and I were going up to Salt Lake for a little getaway with each other. I had set our dinner reservations for 5:30 at Ruth's Chris Stake house. Well we didn't even end up leaving Utah Valley til just after 5, but the people at Ruth's were really nice and let me change our reservation to 6:30. Let me tell you, Ruth's is super GOOD!...Only thing is that they are super expensive, our dinner came to a total of 105.00 after the tip. We even got a free dessert since I told them we were there for our anniversary-which is this Saturday, but since Adam is gone we celebrated early-I told Adam the next time we go we need to be rich. Ruth's Chris is super fancy and I felt like we were the ONLY ones not ordering wine or alcohol of any sort.

After a VERY nice dinner we headed to the Anniversary Inn! We stayed the the Forty Niner suite, and it was pretty awesome! We even got a free movie and snack pack.

On Thursday we went to the ZOO, but before we could do that we had to make a quick stop at Walmart to get Adam some flip flops. Why you may ask...Well being in a hurry on Wednesday we ended up just going straight to dinner instead of going to the Inn and then changing. So I forgot his flip flops at home. It was really funny because he ended having to wear mine, yes mine, to Walmart. Now Adam's feet are a size 10 and I wear a size 6-7 depending on the type of shoe. I think you get the picture.... Adam and I have not been to the zoo in forever and it was really nice just to go together. Although I was pretty upset that they don't have the lions and the hippos anymore. My favorite was the monkeys, they were pretty noisy when we went. We go to see the new baby elephant, and she just kind of stood there. We even got to see how we measure up to a gorilla.



It was very nice to just get away and not have to care about anything. On Sunday I took Adam up to Salt Lake and yes I did cry. I didn't think I was going to make it home because from all the crying I did up there made my contacts get all blurry on the way home. Lucky for me I went back up last night and saw him again before he flew out to Fort Benning today. I only got to see him for about an hour, but an hour is an hour that I got to see him. I have even gotten to talk to him a couple times today, but soon I won't be able to call or text him and the next time I get to talk to him could be in one to three weeks. It's even longer til I get to see him...which is not til October! October can't come fast enough!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hopefully October comes faster than you think. :) If you need someone to talk to, just send me a text or give me a call. I'll be glad to talk to you whenever. :) Love you so much! xoxoxoxo

Julie said...

I cried just reading your post. I hope the next few months just whiz by. God bless you two!! Love you. Julie