Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas

So Christmas was pretty good. It was sad that I didn't get to wake up in the morning with Adam and open our presents together and go to everyone's house and open other presents. He didn't get to go with me to family Christmas parties.  We did get to Skype on Christmas Eve, which was his Christmas morning. We opened our presents in front of each other. Adam was wonderful to me as always...I got laser grips for my gun, which my brother in law put on for me the other day. He got me PJ pants that are nice and fuzzy along with fuzzy socks. I got a new sweater, and an awesome hat to wear outside when it's cold. Which is a good thing since it's like 7 degrees outside right now. Lucky Adam gets 70 degree weather.  Adam loved his presents that I got him. I got him just little things, I printed off a picture of the gun that I got him earlier this year. He loved that. I sent him an empty box of bullets, told him the bullets were at home waiting for him. I send him beef jerky, chocolate covered marshmallow Santas, iTunes gift card. I'm trying to remember what else I sent him but I couldn't send him a lot because I didn't want him to have to pack more on his way home.

Here is our Christmas tree her at home. It was weird not having my hubby there to help set it up.
I've been busy making Christmas presents this year. I found some cool things to make and so I first made these plates. Sorry I couldn't get the photo to turn.

I also make these Joy and believe blocks. I got the stuff for these at Hobby Lobby. Got to love hobby lobby.

so for my grandparents on my Mom's side we went in on a gift with my parents and got them a picture of the Manti temple where they were married. We got it personalized with their names and date that they were sealed on. They loved it!!! This is the second time that I have used the lady I get the pictures from and she does an awesome job.

For my Dad's parents I made this glass block. I made on for my Davis grandparents last year and so I made them one this year. They loved it!!!
You might have seen this on pinterest. You take the wedding announcement and you cut it up and curl it and put it into the glass ornament. I made this for Adam's brother that got married this last Feb. They loved it as their first Christmas ornament. His wife told me she was wanting to get one but was waiting for the ornaments to go on sale after Christmas.
Well that was our Christmas and we can't wait until next year to be able to spend Christmas together. Where we can freeze together.

Here is our Christmas card in case not everyone got to see it.

A couple days after Christmas me and my parents went to the temple. It was hard to get up there because the snow was horrible. But we made it up there and it was a wonderful time. It was funny because the name I had and the one that my Mom had were the same except for the middle name. We are guessing that I had the grandma and my Mom had the great granddaughter. It was pretty cool.

Well HERE is to the new year ahead of us. I know that it'll bring new great adventures for us. For one Adam will be home!!!!!

2 comments:

The Almonds said...

Who do you get the personalized temple pictures through? I have been looking for one all over!

Adam and Crystal said...

I get it from here: http://kelibphotographytemples.blogspot.com/

She is amazing with the pictures!! I gotten two from her and plan on getting more in the future!