Life at our house has been crazy busy with school, work and more school and work. We just finished the semester a little over a week ago and Adam and I did amazing and got amazing grades in all of our classes. I have to give a shout out to my hubby who did amazing in all of his classes, even the hard ones. This summer he is even taking classes both blocks...O.Chem and O.chem lab, biochemistry, and a Stats class. These are all hard classes and he takes them in 7 week blocks. By doing this he will be able to apply to PA school a year earlier!!! YAY!!! So hopefully he will get that done and get some interviews in place later this year.
Now onto other news...a little over a month ago I was getting a little down that I hadn't gotten a RN job yet. I had interview and nothing came from them. Then I got more interviews and thought they went amazing, I had an interview in a Cardiac Progressive Care unit and got called back for a second peer interview and was super excited because I thought that it might lead somewhere. Then I had one on Mother/baby for the float pool, and the manger seemed really interested in me. Then I got another interview for regular progressive care. Then another interview on the Mom/Baby floor where I did my capstone hours. So in a mater of a week I had 4 interviews. On the day of my progressive care unit interview I came out from it and had a voicemail on my phone. I called HR and it was a job office for full time days on the cardiac progressive care unit. I asked if I could wait to give an answer until the following week as I wanted to see where the other interviews were leading. The day I had the interview on the mother/baby unit where I did my capstone. I had to sit and wait a little while before the unit director came to get me, when she did come she had another person with her...meaning I was going to interview with 2 people and this freaked me out...then we get in to the conference room and she tells me that they are just waiting for 2 MORE people to come. (can I just say I screamed a little in my mind) So 4 people were interviewing me, and I was so nervous, but I answered their questions and finished my interview. After the interview I called Adam and talked to him about the interview. While I was on the phone I got a call from the hospital and it was the director. I quickly called back and answered additional questions that she had for me. She told me that I should hear back in 3 days from her....fast forward to the next morning.....I had an email from the HR recruiter saying they were offering a full time nights position!!! I couldn't believe it, and when I looked at the time stamp on the email it said 10 or 11pm...meaning that they offered me the job the same day I went and interviewed for it.
Now came the decision that I was dreading, deciding which position to take. Cardiac or mother/baby...I know it seems simple but there was pro and cons to either job. After praying for 2 days and thinking about it I finally got my answer...
If you can't guess by the pink badge...I choose the mother/baby position!!! I couldn't be more excited and let me tell you one day it just came to me that this was the position I was meant to take. I started orientation a week and a half ago and I am loving it!! I love everyone that I have gotten to work with and everything that I have gotten to do. I'm so excited for this next step in my career as a nurse. I'm still doing PRN at the doctors office for now so I've been working a lot of hours the last 2 weeks. Thank you to everyone who had me in their prayers and for your encouragement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
ut视讯聊天 , ut视讯聊天 , ut视讯聊天 , ut视讯聊天 , ut视讯聊天 , ut视讯聊天 , ut视讯聊天 , ut视讯聊天 , ut视讯聊天 , ut视讯聊天
Post a Comment