Monday, June 7, 2010

A little Vaction.

Last Tuesday Adam's cousin Amber and her husband Karl came up to see us. Adam and I were lucky enough to get Wednesday to Friday off, so we got to spend a lot of time with them. Most of the time we just sat around, relaxed and talked. On Thursday we did go hike to Timp cave and took a tour of it. I have never been before....Sad I know. I have lived here in Utah my whole life and never have I been up to Timp cave. I've hiked up Timp but never to the cave. It was a lot of fun walking up 1.5 miles and it took us a lot longer to get up then it did to get down.

Here is all of us at the entrance of the cave. Oh and always remember if you hike up there to leave your purse in the car. I totally forgot about mine until we were already a 1/4 of the up the trail.

Here is Adam and I part way up the trail with a beautiful view of the valley behind us. On the way down the trail Adam had my jacket I brought with me and we got down to the bottom of the trail and he said, "you have your jacket right?" Well turns out that Adam left it up on the trail when we stopped to rest for just a little bit. We just left it there and we didn't go back to get it because I was already 1/2 hour late to teach my gymnastic classes.



On Friday we went up to the Salt Lake Temple and did an endowment session. I love going to a live session. I have to say that the Salt Lake Temple is my favorite, and not just because that is were Adam and I got sealed, it is way pretty inside. All the work that they did on it is amazing, it's amazing and then it's even more amazing to think that they did the inside all in one year and there is so much detail in everything. They did every little detail by hand there is even hand carved grapes on the ceiling.

Saturday we went shooting! I love going shooting with Adam and all his guns. I couldn't believe that we were out there shooting for almost 3 hours. Both Adam and I came back home with pretty sunburns on our arms. I got to shoot my little 22 pistol a little more and I loved it!

Here is me looking awesome with my yellow safety glasses and AK.

Adam wanted to take a picture of me shooting the AK.
So all and all our week last week was awesome. We had a five day weekend together and we loved every minute we got to spend with each other. It was really hard for us to go back to work this week.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sounds like a great week! Don't worry, I've never even hiked Timp before, so you were a step ahead of me! :) I'll have to go sometime soon. By the way, you look ~awesome~ in those gun photos! So fun. :)