Today after work I came home to find not one but TWO letter from Adam in the mail! I was like a little school girl trying to open them fast enough. I have learned that letters from Adam now was like getting a text message from him when we were first dating. You get all excited when he get them and can't help but smile. Of course mine is also followed by tears of happiness.
Adam told me he is surrounded by young idiots and retards so he is having to exercise a LOT! I think Adam is doing a lot of good so far. The first Sunday he went to church, the buddy that went with him is not LDS. (when you go to church you have to have a buddy go with you) When they got there they gave those who were LDS little Book of Mormons and Bibles that they could have. Those who were not LDS went back into a room where......are you ready....the missionaries were. Adam had no idea that they were going to do that and he felt bad for his buddy. Turns out that his buddy was given a Book of Mormon. Well this last week he went again with Adam and is now taking the lessons and he told Adam how impressed he was with the Mormons for going out of their way so much to put on church for them. His battle buddy he has right now went with him also and he liked it too and will go again next week. Adam says he feels like a missionary again, only people actually talk to him. Ha ha, I guess it's a better experience then having the door slammed in your face.
On his letter he wrote on Sunday he said that he was sore for the first time. He said he thinks it was from doing the Confidence Course. Which you can see here.
Today when I check the facebook page and one lady had asked when they might get to call next. Well turns out that they have to be out of RED phase(which is the first three weeks of training) before they can call. They said they might get to call on the 22 and they get about 30mins to talk. Adam is only into one week of Red phase and the 22 is 11 MORE days away! UGH the next 11 days better go fast. I am excited to talk to him for 30 mins instead of the 4 I got last time. Any amount of time to talk to him is better than nothing. I have learned to cherish every phone call and letter I get.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment